Pittsburgh Activities & Things to Do
Get the scoop on upcoming events and activities in the greater Pittsburgh region, including annual fairs and festivals, charity walks, concerts, sporting events, holiday attractions, movies and shows. If your group is hosting an event, we invite you to submit it to the About Pittsburgh events calendar.
- Pittsburgh Events Calendar
- This Week in Pittsburgh - Best Bets
- Top Annual Events
- Charity Walks, Runs & Rides
Attractions & Places to See
What are Pittsburgh's must-see attractions? Learn about them here, along with all of the city's many other attractions, from the most popular attractions, to the hidden gems. Includes attractions in the greater Pittsburgh area, as well as big attractions such as Idlewild & Soak Zone and Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater in outlying counties.
- Top 10 Pittsburgh Must-See Attractions
- 12 Top Places for Family Fun
- Top 10 Historic Sites Near Pittsburgh
- Amusement & Water Parks
- Covered Bridges
Concerts & Live Music
Learn where to enjoy the best live music in Pittsburgh, from local concert venues to free summer concert series.
- Upcoming Concerts & Musical Events
- Allegheny County Free Summer Concert Series
- Classical, Folk, Pops & Opera
- Local Bands & Musicians
- Post Gazette Pavilion - Outdoor Concerts
- Mellon Arena - Big Name Concerts
- Heinz Hall - Pittsburgh Symphony
- Pittsburgh Benedum Center - Musical Theater
- More Live Music Venues
Museums & Galleries
Pittsburgh is a small city with a suprisingly large arts community. Learn about Pittsburgh's many musueums, from the renowned Carnegie Museums to the eclectic Andy Warhol Museum and Mattress Factory. Plus, art galleries and historical centers.
- Andy Warhol Museum
- Carnegie Museums of Art & Natural History
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- Senator John Heinz Pittsburgh Regional History Center
- Mattress Factory Art Gallery
- Frick Car & Carriage Museum
- Johnstown Flood Museum - Johnstown, PA
- Harmony Museum - Harmony, PA
Recreation & Outdoors
The varied terrain and climate of the greater Pittsburgh region offers a wealth of recreational opportunities, from kayaking to hiking and whitewater rafting to spelunking. Even in the city of Pittsburgh, a network of walking and biking trails connect you easily from downtown through a variety of city neighborhoods, and Pittsburgh's park system is one of the nation's largest.
- 10 Hiking Trails Near Pittsburgh
- 5 Water Adventures in and Around Pittsburgh
- Biking on Pennsylvania's Rail Trails
- Camping in Western Pa
- Caves & Spelunking
- Golf in Western PA
- Rock Climbing Near Pittsburgh
- Geocaching Adventures
- Whitewater Rafting in Wet, Wild West Virginia
- Stargazing in Western PA
- Outdoor Recreation by Category
Professional & Spectator Sports
Pittsburgh is a city of sports champions, from the five-time champion Pittsburgh Steelers, to the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Tours, Day Trips & Getaways
Take a riverboat cruise of the Pittsburgh rivers, walk through a historic Pittsburgh neigbhorhood or take a train excursion through the brilliant fall foliage of Pennsylvania oil country. Learn about tour excursions, driving tours, must-see sites, and places to explore within a few hours of Pittsburgh.
- Day Trips from Pittsburgh
- 10 Fabulous Fall Foliage Drives & Tours
- Western PA State Parks
- Western PA Wine Trails & Wineries
- 10 Must See Historic Sites Near Pittsburgh
Find Pittsburgh area restaurants by location or cuisine, or read restaurant reviews, top pick lists and other content focused on helping you find a good place to eat in and around Pittsburgh.
Check out the Pittsburgh nightlife scene, including night clubs, dance clubs, live music venues, movie theaters and sports bars.