Monongahela Incline Facts:
Length: 635 feet
Elevation: 369.39 feet
Grade: 35 degrees, 35 minutes
Speed: 6 miles per hour
Passenger: Capacity 23 per car
Monongahela Incline Fares:
Cash fares as well as Port Authority bus passes and tickets are accepted as payment on the Monongahela incline. If you're connecting to a bus route within three hours, you can purchase a transfer fare for $1.00.
- $2.50 Full cash fare each way ($5.00 round trip)
- $1.25 full cash fare children (age 6-11) each way ($2.50 round trip)
- $1.25 full cash fare one way for persons with disabilities (except during 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekdays)
The following individuals can ride for free on the Monongahela Incline:
- Senior citizens (65+) with proper ID (Medicare card or Senior Citizen ID card)
- Children 5 and younger when accompanied by an adult
Monongahela Incline Hours:
Monday through Saturday, 5:30 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.
Sundays and Holidays 8:45 a.m. to midnight.
East Carson St
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15211