Don't feel like cooking? Head to a restaurant.Many restaurants around the greater Pittsburgh area are planning special Thanksgiving menus or buffets. Here's a roundup of some of our favorites.
Pittsburgh Restaurants Serving Thanksgiving Dinner
Order Thanksgiving takeout with all the trimmings.If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, but don't feel like cooking, there are plenty of places where you can buy your entire Thanksgiving meal ready to go.
Take Out Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh
Cooking for a crowd?
Volunteer on ThanksgivingHere are some Pittsburgh area volunteer opportunities if you have a few hours during the week of Thanksgiving or on the day itself.
Pittsburgh Holiday Volunteer Opportunities
Thanksgiving EventsLooking for something to do either on the big day or over the weekend that follows? Here is a roundup of popular Pittsburgh Thanksgiving events, from the annual Turkey Trot to the Backyard Brawl.
- My Macy's Holiday Parade - Bring the whole family to Pittsburgh's 30th annual holiday parade, featuring fabulous floats, high school bands, equestrian units and some of your favorite radio and TV personalities.
- Turkey Trot -Join the Y on Thanksgiving morning at PNC Park for the 20th annual PNC YMCA Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot race for charity.
- Backyard Brawl - The Pittsburgh Panthers take on their biggest rival, the West Virginia Mountaineers, at Heinz Field in the annual Backyard Brawl.
- Winter Flower Show at Phipps - The day after Thanksgiving is opening day for this popular annual show at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
Get a Jump on the Rest of the HolidaysTired of turkey and football? Get yourself back in the holiday spirit by visiting one of Pittsburgh's many beautiful holiday places or holiday light displays, or get a jump on your shopping at an area holiday craft show.
- Pittsburgh Holiday Light Displays 2010 - From the Hartwood Celebration of Lights, to the Winter Festival of Lights at Oglebay, here's the scoop on some of Pittsburgh's most beautiful holiday light displays.
- Top 10 Favorite Pittsburgh Holiday Places - Christmas, Hanukkah and other holiday traditions are apparent around every corner in the greater Pittsburgh area. But there are just some holiday places and exhibits that stand out - the ones that delight people year after year.
- 8 Great Places to Get Your Christmas Tree - It's not hard to find a Christmas tree around Pittsburgh - scouts, civic and booster organizations, garden centers and home improvement centers all carry a large variety. Some of the best and freshest trees, however, come from the local Christmas tree farms.