WiFi Downtown Pittsburgh is powered by US Wireless, and can be accessed anytime outdoors in the downtown Pittsburgh area. The WiFi 802.11b/g access may work in some downtown Pittsburgh restaurants and other buildings, but isn't guaranteed to work indoors. Valid for any WiFi-enabled computer, portable or hand-held device for up to two hours a day.
How to Use WiFi Downtown PittsburghWhen you're in downtown Pittsburgh, right-click the wireless icon on your laptop or PDA and select "WiFi Pittsburgh" as your wireless network. This provides you with two free hours of wireless Internet access, with a minimum of 512 Kbps of bandwidth.
- Locate the wireless icon on your desktop toolbar and right click.
- Click on "Viewable Wireless Networks."
- Select "WiFi Pittsburgh" and click "Connect."
- Once connected, click on your Internet browser (you will receive the WiFi Downtown Pittsburgh page).
- If not already registered, click on the "Register Now" box and follow the instructions.
- Once registered, you can surf the Internet anywhere outdoors Downtown for two hours free. The two free hours of Wi-Fi is good for a single 24-hour period.
- Next time you use the network, just type in your password and go!
If you need more than two free hours during a 24-hour period, US Wireless Online offers various service tiers with their US Wireless Online DayConnect service. DayConnect users will receive 1 Mbps of bandwidth, and will also benefit from VPN and other security encryption protocol support.
US Wireless Online Subscription Packages:
Single-day Connect (24 hours) $7.99
Mobile Connect (1 month) $14.99
Annual Connect (1 year) $119.99