The 2012 season at Kennywood opens on May 7 for weekends only (May 7-8 and May 14-15) before opening on a daily basis beginning Thursday, May 19, 2011. The daily schedule continues through August 23. After that, Kennywood is open August 27 and 28, September 3-5, 10-11 and 17-18, 2011. September 18 is the last regular operating day for 2011 (and last day for Season Pass admission).
Exceptions to Regular Operating Hours: Friday, May 6 and Tuesday, May 24 are Education Days, with Kennywood closing early at 6:00 p.m.
Phantom Fright Nights: Phantom Fright Nights begin Friday, September 30 and run Friday and Saturday nights from 7:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. through October 29, plus Sunday, October 9 (7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. only).
ADMISSION & TICKETS:
Night Rider Evening Price: Admission after 5:00 p.m. is $21.99 (available at the gate only). Seniors 55+ get in after 5:00 p.m. for just $10.49.
Kennywood Season Pass: Back for 2012, Kennywood Park is offering a Season Pass! Each Kennywood Season Pass is $99.99 per person and includes unlimited trips to Kennywood for the 2011 summer season (excluding Phantom Fright Nights), as well as select Bring a Buddy discount days, $10.00 discount on regular admission to Idlewild & Soak Zone or Sandcastle, and other perks. Quantities are limited so get them early!
LOCATION / DIRECTIONS:
RIDES & GAMES:
Back for 2011 is the Kennywood Laser Spectacular, a nightly laser show over the lagoon complete with lasers, fire and music. Look for it each night 30 minutes before park close.
BEST TIMES TO VISIT:
Shorten your time in line. Arrive early and head directly to the back of the park, working your way to the front. You'll spend less time standing in lines that way. As expected, water ride lines tend to be shorter early in the morning and late in the evening.
Save money on admission.
- The all new Kennywood Season Pass at $89.99 pays for itself in less than three visits!
- If you have a student who attends one of the school districts that participates in Kennywood's school picnic program, you can purchase Kennywood School Tickets for just $22.00-- that's a savings of $14.99 off the regular gate price. These School Tickets are valid any operating day in May, June or September plus weekdays in July and August. If presented on a Saturday or Sunday in July or August, a $10 surcharge must be paid. Also available at participating Giant Eagle locations while supplies last.
- Participating Giant Eagle stores sell reduced price FunDay admission tickets for $25.99 - good for any day in May, June or September, or weekdays in July and August. This promotion ends when supplies run out, or by June 30.
- You can also save $10.00/person off any regular FunDay admission during Celebrate America week, June 30 - July 5, 2011 with a coupon from participating Giant Eagle locations. One good coupon good for entire family. Coupons available approximately mid-June.
- Bring along a can of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi or Mountain Dew to the park, and you'll receive a $5 discount off regular full-price admission. Valid weekdays only through August 20, 2011. This offer is good for ANY can. It doesn't have to be specially marked. OR visit the Web site found on specially marked Pepsi products for a 20% discount when purchased online.
Double the fun. Can't decide if you want roller coasters or waterslides? Start your day at Sandcastle and then buy a $13.00 Kennywood Night Rider ticket at Sandcastle Guest Relations, good for admission to Kennywood after 5:00 p.m.
Save time at the gate. FunDay tickets can be purchased and printed online. When you get to Kennywood, just head straight to the e-ticket entrance and you're good to go!