The 2013 season at Kennywood opens on May 4 for weekends only (May 4 and May 11–12) before opening on a daily basis beginning Wednesday, May 15. The daily schedule continues through August 25. After that, Kennywood is open August 31, September 1–2, 7–8 and 14–15, 2013. September 15 is the last regular operating day for 2013.
Exceptions to Regular Operating Hours: Wednesday, May 15 is an Education Day, with Kennywood open 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. only. Tuesday, May 21 is another short Education Day, with Kennywood open 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. only.
Phantom Fright Nights: Phantom Fright Nights begin Friday, September 27 and run Friday and Saturday nights from 7:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. through October 26, plus Sunday, October 6 (7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. only).
ADMISSION & TICKETS:
Night Rider Evening Price: Admission after 5:00 p.m. is $24.99 (available at the gate only). Seniors 55+ get in after 5:00 p.m. for just $12.99.
Kennywood Season Pass: Kennywood Park offers a great deal with their Season Pass, available for just $99.99 per person, or $94.99 for four or more season passes purchased together. A Kennywood Season Pass includes unlimited trips to Kennywood for the 2013 summer season (excluding Phantom Fright Nights and Holiday Lights), as well as select Bring a Buddy discount days, $10.00 discount on regular admission to Idlewild & Soak Zone or Sandcastle, and other perks. Quantities are limited so get them early!
LOCATION / DIRECTIONS:
RIDES & GAMES:
The nightly laser show returns for a fourth year, with a new laser show over the lagoon complete with lasers, fire and music. Look for it each night 30 minutes before park close.
BEST TIMES TO VISIT:
Shorten your time in line. Arrive early and head directly to the back of the park, working your way to the front. You'll spend less time standing in lines that way. As expected, water ride lines tend to be shorter early in the morning and late in the evening.
Check out the Kennywood height restrictions before you visit and prepare your child in advance with what to expect.
Save money on admission.
- The Kennywood Season Pass at $99.99 pays for itself in less than three visits!
- If you have a student who attends one of the school districts that participates in Kennywood's school picnic program, you can purchase Kennywood School Tickets for just $24.00-- that's a savings of $14.99 off the regular gate price. These School Tickets are valid any operating day in May, June or September plus weekdays in July and August. If presented on a Saturday or Sunday in July or August, a $10 surcharge must be paid. Also available at participating Giant Eagle locations while supplies last.
- Special early season online FunDay admission tickets are available for a reduced price of just $32.99 - valid for any 2013 operating day. This promotion ends when supplies run out, or by June 30. Use promo code EARLYBIRD318 (all caps); available online only.
- Save $10.00/person off any regular FunDay admission during Celebrate America week, June 30 - July 5, 2013 with a coupon from participating Giant Eagle locations. One good coupon good for entire family. Coupons available approximately mid-June.
- Save $10.00/person off any regular FunDay admission during WTAE-TV's Summerfest, July 20–26, 2013 with a coupon from participating Giant Eagle locations. Coupons available approximately mid-July.
Double the fun. Can't decide if you want roller coasters or waterslides? Start your day at Sandcastle and then buy a $13.00 Kennywood Night Rider ticket at Sandcastle Guest Relations, good for admission to Kennywood after 5:00 p.m.
Save time at the gate. FunDay tickets can be purchased and printed online. When you get to Kennywood, just head straight to the e-ticket entrance and you're good to go!