Approximately 1500 bed & breakfasts operate in Pennsylvania, providing unique accommodations for people seeking a retreat from the hectic pace of everyday life. Lovely Victorian homes, turn-of-the-century farmhouses, stone mansions, country estates, and restored villas exemplify some of the finest architecture and history in the country. Pennsylvania bed & breakfasts offer unique experiences and help create memorable excursions.
Which Pennsylvania Bed & Breakfast is Right for You?
- Bed & Breakfasts - typically a residence with ten or fewer bedrooms for rent. Normally, breakfast is the only meal served and is included in the price of the accommodations.
- Bed & Breakfast Inns - There isn't much difference between these properties and Bed & Breakfasts. The major difference is that there are more guest rooms available. Because of their increased size, they make perfect hidden getaways for larger groups and most provide accommodations for business meetings, receptions and events.
- Country Inns - These mansions and restored homes can be as a large as 25 rooms with full service dining available along with the accommodations. They can usually be found in areas close to key Pennsylvania attractions.
- Farm Vacations - Similar to a traditional B&B, but in a farm setting. These working farms often invite guests to share in the farm chores.
- Village Inns & Urban Inns - Another popular style of Pennsylvania bed & breakfast, these inns are commonly found in small towns and rural villages throughout the countryside. Perfect for a weekend getaway or an overnight stay while passing through the area, these inns provide a unique alternative to the cookie-cutter hotel room.
Along with the unique attributes of the properties, the innkeepers also add to the atmosphere of the inn. A good innkeeper can be an invaluable resource to travelers. They can share the areas history, point out area attractions and recommend the regions best restaurants.
Where to Find Pennsylvania Bed & Breakfasts
- Pittsburgh B&Bs - From elegant to rustic, and cozy to luxurious, find bed and breakfasts located in Pittsburgh and surrounding western Pennsylvania communities.
- Erie B&Bs - City inns, vineyard farmhouses, and scenic lake views are just some of the options available in these Lake Erie region bed and breakfasts.
- PA Dutch Country B&Bs - Dozens of charming bed and breakfasts and country inns are located in scenic Pennsylvania Amish country.
- Philadelphia B&Bs - The city of brotherly love has unique and historic accommodations to suit every taste. Plus, find more bed & breakfasts in nearby Bucks and Delaware counties.
Next Page > Bed & Breakfast FAQ