Flowers & Vegetables:
- Finish ordering seeds from garden and nursery catalogs.
- Continue planning your gardens and ordering plants from nursery catalogues for later delivery.
- Start indoor seeds of annuals which require a long growing season, e.g. lobelia, petunia, vinca, snapdragon, verbena, etc. You can also purchase these later from your local gardening center, but it is much cheaper to grow yourself and you can try unusual varieties that won't be available locally.
Trees & Shrubs:
- Continue to prune away storm-damaged branches promptly, to prevent tearing of the bark and further damage to trees and shrubs.
- Prune forsythia, pussy willow, quince, etc. for forcing indoors