The Allegheny County Department of Parks is once again offering its annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program. Residents of Allegheny County can drop off their Christmas trees through Saturday, January 18, 2014 at all nine regional parks during regular hours of operation (dusk to dawn). All lights, decorations, tinsel and stands must be removed from trees prior to drop-off. The trees will be mulched and used in Allegheny County's nine regional parks.
Trees may be dropped off from dawn to dusk (normal operating hours) at the following locations in each of the nine county parks:
- Boyce Park - Parking lot by the wave pool
- Deer Lakes - Parking lot by Veterans Shelter
- Harrison Hills - Parking lot at the intersection of Chipmunk & Cottontail Drive
- Hartwood Acres - Parking lot at the mansion
- North Park - Parking lot at the swimming pool
- Round Hill - Parking lot between Meadow & Alfalfa Shelters
- Settler's Cabin - Parking lot by the wave pool
- South Park - Parking lot at the swimming pool
- White Oak - Parking lot by Poplar Shelter
The City of Pittsburgh also offers a free Christmas Tree Recycling Program with drop-off locations in the East End, Hazelwood, West End, and Strip District, open Monday - Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. during the month of January. No tinsel, ornaments, stands, plastic bags, or netting!
- 2nd Division of Public Works in the East End on North Dallas Avenue at Hamilton Avenue
- 3rd Division of Public Works in Hazelwood on Melanchton Avenue off 2nd Avenue
- 5th Division of Public Works in the West End at 1330 Hassler Street next to Herschel Park
- Environmental Services Lot in the Strip District at 3001 Railroad Street